Friday, August 29, 2008

I want this.








Autumn free association...


Pumpkin and apple picking.
Cordaroys.
Scarves.
Boots.
Hats.
Trick or treat.
Costumes.
Crunchy leaves.
bare branches.
Yellow, red, brown.
blankets, quilts.
naps.
breeze.
jackets.
electricity in the air.
spooky.
calm.
cider.
cinnamon.
brisk evening strolls.
acorns.
haunted houses.
nostalgia.
vintage glittery halloween house decorations.
abandoned nests.
pumpkin pie.
post-dinner naps.
fires in the fireplace.
bonfires.
smores.
stew.
wild rice and cranberries.
corn mazes.
hayrides.

I am the best version of myself in the Fall. I enjoy every single aspect of Fall. The cool air in the morning, layers of clothing, the colors, the sounds, the activities. I look forward to cider on the couch with my quilt, movies i love most in the fall such as Hocus Pocus, Bed of Roses, A Christmas Story, Matilda, Harriet the Spy, and the making of Michael Jacksons "Thriller", on VHS of course. I cant wait to put together my Halloween Costume, pass out candy, wear fabulous big bejeweled pins on my cozy scarves, corduroys with boots! I can't wait. This year i WILL go apple and pumpkin picking, I will go on a hayride, I will get lost in a corn maze. I will take brisk cool walks at dusk with my partner. I will cook warm filling food and feed my friends by pumpkin spice candle light.

tell me you love autumn as much as I do.

4 comments:

Stela said...

I want everything on that list as well! well, except haunted houses :)

Arsenal of Buttons said...

I could not be happier that there is another person out there reading my writings. Thank you so much! Now I don't feel like I'm floating in the Abyss that is the Internet anymore ;)

Hey Harriet said...

That's a nice list. It's weird because on this side of the world (I'm in Australia) we've just started spring. Spring is my fave season. I don't cope with the cold too well. Makes me crabby! :)

Blackfeatherfarm said...

Fall is my favorite time of year, and I'll take the haunted houses too !